Secure Cloud Operations Engineer
This role is critical to the success of Sequent and as such requires both depth and breadth in most of the technologies leveraged in a complex data center environment to support multi-tiered applications. Furthermore, a solid understanding of the components required to provide high-availability application and networking environment is required. The role requires talented people with a strong work ethic and the following qualifications:
- 3+ years experience in a 24×7 high-availability production environment
- 5+ years Linux System Administration in a complex data center environment
- In-depth understanding of TCP/IP LAN/WAN networking technologies and TLS troubleshooting techniques
- A background in automating the management of a data center environment
- Expertise in deploying Application Server cluster such as Tomcat in multi-tier architecture
- Good experience in virtualization technologies such as VMWare.
- Good experience in J2EE, Kafka, Spark, REST and SOAP application troubleshooting
- Good experience in containerized microservices, Docker, Kubernetes and Swarm.
- Good experience in relational database technologies such as Oracle and MySQL.
- Experience in hardware or software based firewalls, load balancers and proxy servers
- Experience in intrusion detection systems, and network and server security hardening
- Experience in monitoring, metrics collection, and reporting using open source tools.
- Good knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl, Python and PHP etc.
- Good understanding of PKI. Thales and Safenet Hardware Security Module (HSM) managementexperience a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills, and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, making decisions based upon priorities, schedules and an understanding of business initiatives.
- Critical attention to detail, thoroughness and documentation
- Providing rotational on call support
- A thorough background check and references will be required.
- BCS degree or Equivalent experience
- Industry certifications, preferably RHCE, CCNA, CCNP or CISSP
- Good understanding of Secure Software Development Lifecycle
- Security compliance experience such as PCI DSS, ITIL, ISO 27001 or SOX
A Secure Cloud Operations Engineer works within a small, high-end team. The role requires a deep understanding of Linux server administration, Networking and key applications and services running on virtualized and non-virtualized platforms. Additionally, this position requires the many and varied responsibilities of an engineer within a growing company.
- Developing, maintaining and supporting technical infrastructure, hardware and system software components on all environments
- Configuring, debugging and supporting Sequent-developed application in Evaluation, UAT and Production environments.
- Performing high-level root cause analysis for service interruption recovery and creating preventive measures
- Configuring, optimizing, fine-tuning and monitoring operating system, application software, database and servers
- Administering the operation of all environments according to company security policies and procedures
- Performing system backups and recovery, execute disaster recovery plan
- Preventing, detecting intrusion and rectifying security weaknesses
- Analyzing and identifying trends in issue reporting and devising preventive solutions
- Performing security audit assessments and analysis on PCI-DSS and any other appropriate standards
- Making recommendations for enhancing data systems security
- Monitoring systems security and responding to security incidents
- Monitoring and evaluating external security advisory group such as CERT and SANS to ensure all necessary security updates, patches and preventive measures are in place as part of patch cycle management
- Ensuring and maintaining all environments on standardized OS and third parties components
- Training and mentoring junior engineers
This is a great career opportunity for a highly motivated individual who wants to extend and utilize his or her solid and broad skills.
For the full job description and more information, please contact